Join Our Team!
Program Service Coordinator
The Museum is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to directly assist in the coordination of our program services and small gift shop and to perform other duties as necessary. The position interacts with the public, our volunteers and works closely with the director to run the day-to-day operations of the museum. This individual must be able to present themselves in a positive and upbeat manner and maintain professional decorum while representing our organization. They will need the ability to work independently for much of their day with limited supervision, be self-motivated, always on task and stay organized.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collect and record all sales
- Maintain inventory
- Become knowledgeable about the merchandise to answer customer questions and keep track visitor requests.
- Recommend promotional ideas, changes to layout or inventory when applicable
- Perform daily opening procedures consistently; including preparing the daily transaction report, doing walk throughs of the exhibits for cleanliness; unlocking doors; turning on lights.
- Responsible for providing an engaging experience to visitors
- Assist visitors and callers with inquiries
- Keep track of operations supplies and request replenishments when needed
- Make sure marketing materials are always available to visitors
- Manage and organize volunteers including scheduling, training and recruiting as needed.
- Responsible for taking care of volunteer needs, keeping documentation and informational handouts updated.
- Manage and record all incoming Membership and donations made in our CRM software accurately and timely.
- Keep separate record of our Endowment donations and present to them timely reports
- Responsible for the membership program by maintaining member data, sending out new and renewing member benefits, producing thank-you letters, and conducting print mailings as needed.
- Contribute to ideas and strategies to increase membership, donations, and admissions.
- Assist with promotion, setup, and execution of Museum programs and events.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed or as requested by the director.
Experience & Skills
- At least 2 years in customer service or retail job preferred
- Experience working with the public and/or volunteers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An outgoing and friendly persona
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team player who can adapt to meet changing priorities
- Must be tech savvy with experience with Microsoft Suite Products
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning about current exhibitions, history and events
- Experience in visual marketing or social media a plus
- Knowledge, experience or education in history or museum programs a plus
Pay: $17 - $19 DOE
Schedule: 30 Hours
Schedule is mostly work week hours with the occasional weekend when needed for events or the occasional absent volunteer.
Benefits: Vacation & some Holidays